Janesville in Stages
By Jim Lyke
Directed by Jim Tropp
The United Arts Alliance will present the first performance in the new Janesville Performing Arts Center (JPAC) with its premiere of an original musical entitled Janesville in Stages. The play incorporates 20th century Janesville history using the JPAC auditorium as the setting. Janesville notables, such as J.P.Cullen, Frank Holt, Helen Sutherland, Henry Traxler, Al Diotte, and Kenneth Bick will be portrayed in various scenes depicting historical moments in the former Janesville High School and Marshall Middle School. This performance is part of the opening weekend of the Janesville Performing Arts Center.
PERFORMERS: Julia Amstutz, Zachary Bennett, Jamie Berg, Lannette Calhoun, Mike Casey, Michael Chase, Brett Frazier, Debra Griffith, Regina Griffith, Henry Hansing, Kyle Ibeling, Ian Kane, George Kiskunas, Patrick Knilans, Corinne Lyke, Jim Lyke, Rita Lynes, Paul Murphy, Rachel Phillips, Ken Regez, Tim Rosenthal, Tyler Schimke, Stan Stricker, Tom Strieker, Dennis Vechinsky, Kevin Vechinsky, Logan Vechinsky, Brittney Weiland.
MUSICIANS & SOLOISTS: Donna Berg, Lannette Calhoun, Katie Colletta, George Kiskunas, Jan Knutson, Kelly Morris, Sue Renkas, Susan Smith, Larisa Stirrat, Dennis Vechinsky, Badger Chordhawks Chorus, Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra, Choral Union, HeatWave 4-H Show Choir, SpotLight On Kids, Stateline Harmony Chorus.
Produced by United Arts Alliance of Rock County at the Janesville Performing Arts Center (JPAC) 408 S. Main St. Janesville, WI.
Performance: Friday, September 10, 2004 at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 PM. Art exhibits, live music, raffles, and refreshments will be available in the lobby before the show.
Ticket Prices. All seats are $5 each.
- In Janesville: Janesville Athletic Club - 1301 Blackbridge Rd.; Janesville Performing Arts Center office - 29 W. Milwaukee St.; Johnson Banks -1 S. Main St., 2021 Holiday Dr., or 1308 Wright Road; Knapton Musik Knotes - 2505 Woodlane Dr.; M &I Banks - 100 N. Main St., 2608 Center Ave., or 1404 Creston Park; Riverfront Athletic Club - 15 W. Milwaukee; Schulers Country Furniture - 533 N. Main and the Janesville Mall; SpotLight on Kids - 20 S. Main St., #22.
- In Edgerton: Antique Art Gallery - 104 W. Fulton St.; M&I Bank - 1015 W. Main
- In Milton: Pamela's Boutique 347 S. John Paul Rd.
- In Beloit: M&I Bank- 500 E. Grand Ave., 2860 Prairie Ave.
- In Evansville: M&I Bank - 25 N. Madison
RAFFLES: Prizes ranging from Packer tickets to a week in a Florida condo to gift baskets will be drawn during the intermission. Tickets are being sold for $10 each or 3/$25 for prizes valued at more than $100, and $1 each or 6/$5 for other prizes. Raffle tickets are available now at the Janesville Athletic Club, 1301 Blackbridge Rd.; Janesville Performing Arts Center office, 29 W. Milwaukee St.; Riverfront Athletic Club, 15 W. Milwaukee; Schulers Country Furniture, 533 N. Main and the Janesville Mall; SpotLight On Kids, 20 S. Main St., #22. They will also be on sale before the show Sept 10. You need not be present to win. Proceeds from the raffle will benefit the United Arts Alliance.
For more information about this performance, please call (608) 758-0297 or (608) 752-9248.