Wrong for the Part 2017
Directed by Jan Levine Thal
Now in its sixth uproarious year, Wrong for the Part 2017 is a collection of monologues and scenes from plays, movies, books, historical speeches – played by the wrong actors for those roles! This year’s WftP theme is “Flight” -- running away, having wings, riding an airplane, daydreaming –- whatever “flight” means to each miscast performer. Come laugh, love, be moved, and support Kathie Rasmussen Women's Theatre (Krass), Madison’s only theater dedicated to promoting women playwrights and directors.
Produced by Kathie Rasmussen Women's Theatre at Bartell Theatre's Evjue Stage, 113 E. Mifflin St., Madison
Performances: March 23-25, 2017
Three Nights Only: Thursday March 23, Friday March 24, and Saturday March 25 -- at 8pm
Ticket Prices: $20
Call 608-661-9696 for reservations or more information.
Auditions will be held on the following days:
All auditioners: Please arrive at 7pm
If you aren’t available either day, make an appointment IN ADVANCE. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where: Lakeview Moravian Church, 3565 Tulane Ave, Madison, Wisconsin 53714
Director: Jan Levine Thal
Assistant Director: Phrannie Lyons
The theme this year is “Flight” -- running away, having wings, riding an airplane, daydreaming -- whatever “flight” means to you. If you have a perfect piece and it has nothing to do with flight, audition anyway. We'll find a connection or a more relevant wrongful piece. Note: we have a slight bias in favor of comedy but serious pieces will be considered.
* Everyone who wishes to be cast must audition. Yes, even if you've been in every other WftP.
* The part must clearly be wrong for you. No director would ever cast you for that role.
* You absolutely must be available evenings Sunday March 19 through Saturday March 25. NO EXCEPTIONS. For Tech rehearsals Sunday and Monday, you will only need to be available for about 30 minutes. Wednesday is the mandatory dress rehearsal.
* We provide no costumes, no props, and no furniture besides a table and chairs. WftP is strictly BYO costumes, props, and furniture.
* We provide no special lighting or sound effects. We can play recorded music for dance numbers.
* No nudity.
* You must be available in mid-February to show us your piece. It must be memorized by then.
* We may require coaching if we feel your piece needs work. If we assign you a coach, you must work with the coach if you want to remain in the show.