By Catherine Capellaro and Andrew Rohn
Directed by Catherine Capellaro and Casey Grimm
Walmartopia—a future so horrible, it must be stopped! Don’t miss this latest musical comedy by Catherine Capellaro and Andrew Rohn, creators of Temp Slave, the Musical. When Vicky, a struggling Wal-Mart employee, speaks out about the company’s working conditions, she finds herself jettisoned into the year 2035. In this future dystopia, she faces the ultimate nightmare – an America run entirely by the Wal*Mart empire. Can she save us from this bizarre future?
Produced by MERCURY PLAYERS THEATRE at Bartell Theatre
Performances: Dec. 9, 2005 thru Jan. 15, 2006
Wednesday & Thursday shows are 7:30 pm
Friday & Saturday shows are 8:00 pm
Sunday shows are 2:00 pm
Friday - Sunday, December 9-11, 2005
Wednesday - Sunday, December 14-18
No shows Xmas week. Merry Chrismas!
Wednesday - Saturday, December 28-31
Spend New Year's Eve (at least till 10 pm) in "Walmartopia"
Thursday - Sunday, January 5-8, 2006
Wednesday - Sunday, January 11-15
Call 608-661-YoYo x5 for reservations or more information, or visit the Walmartopia Site.
You can buy tickets now at the following Madison outlets:
- A Room of One's Own Feminist Bookstore, 307 W Johnson Street
- Rainbow Bookstore Cooperative, 426 W Gilman
- Williamson Street Grocery Cooperative, 1221 Williamson Street
- Bongo Video, 2733 Atwood Avenue only
- Bartell Theatre (Only on performance days. Opens 1 hour before each show, and the only place to get discount student tickets for Wednesday performances.)
You can also buy tickets on-line at www.brownpapertickets.com.