By Michael Tooher
Directed by John Siewert
A psychiatrist grieving over the sudden loss of his teenage daughter. A troubled teenage rock star. Both are swept up in the undertow and work together to save each other.
Produced by Broom Street Theater at Broom Street Theater, 1119 Williamson Street, Madison
Performances: November 18 - December 10, 2016
Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at 8pm.
Note: There will be no performance on Thursday, November 24.
Ticket Prices: $11
Auditions will be held on the following days:
Auditions will be held at 7pm on September 27 and 28 at the Wil-Mar Neighborhood Center (953 Jenifer Street). They will take place in the Youth Room downstairs.
- Dr. William Irby: Male, 40s. Psychiatrist still grieving over the death of his daughter.
- Lolly: Female, teenager (or at least looks teenage). A troubled young singer. Does not need to sing, but should be able to lip sync.
- Ruth Ann Salvadage: Female 40s-50s. Lolly's mother and manager.
- Dr. Sheila Minerver: Female 40s-50s. Runs the psychiatric hospital Dr. Irby works at and Lolly is admitted to.
- Tyrone: Male, 20s, African American. Intern at the psychiatric hosiptal Dr. Irby works at and Lolly is admitted to.
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. Please come dressed to move and bring a calendar to mark down any conflicts you have.
Rehearsals will start October 9. The show runs from November 18 through December 10. There will be no performance on Thanksgiving night.
If you have questions about the show or auditions, please contact direction John Siewert at firstname.lastname@example.org