The Glass Menagerie
By Tennessee Williams
Directed by Joan Brooks
This semi-autobiographical account of Tennessee Williams' early days in 1930s St. Louis is a heartbreaking yet often funny "memory play" told from the perspective of Tom Wingfield. The Glass Menagerie is the story of a family desperate to break free of the burdens of their past and their present. Each escapes into their own personal "glass menagerie" as a means of eluding the pain of their own - and each other's - existence.
Please see madisontheatreguild.org/the-glass-menagerie for more information including performance dates and times and to order tickets.
Produced by Madison Theatre Guild at Bartell Theatre, 113 E. Mifflin Street, Madison
Performances: October 1-16, 2010
* Friday, October 1 at 7:30 pm
* Saturday, October 2 at 7:30 pm
* Thursday, October 7 at 7:30 pm
* Friday, October 8 at 7:30 pm
* Saturday, October 9 at 7:30 pm
* Sunday, October 10 at 3:00 pm
* Thursday, October 14 at 7:30 pm
* Friday, October 15 at 7:30 pm
* Saturday, October 16 at 7:30 pm
Ticket Prices: $15
Call TBA for reservations or more information.